Starting January 1st, 2014, upon the sale, lease or financing of a commercial building in California over 10,000 square feet, the building owner must now disclose the building’s energy performance data to the buyer, tenant or lending institution. This new energy disclosure law, also known as AB 1103, will have an impact on how energy performance in buildings is assessed during the course of a transaction.
In this webinar, our expert panelists will discuss the specifics of AB 1103 including:
- What commercial real estate professionals, building owners, and banks need to know about their roles with respect to ensuring compliance with the new energy disclosure law.
- An overview of energy Benchmarking in Energy Star’s Portfolio Manager system, what it tells the buyer about the building, and why this is an important component of AB 1103.
- Why energy performance in buildings is becoming a value driver during a transaction.
- Elizabeth Watson, Attorney at Law, Greenberg Glusker
- Kelly Smith, Director of Building Analytics, Wegowise
- Ben Stapleton, Director – Commercial Property, LA Better Buildings Challenge